(This is for 5 servings, so adjust accordingly)
1.5 loaves sandwich bread (or Sunnyfield bread!)
6 tablespoons butter
2 onions - diced
6 stalks of celery - diced
1 tablespoons dried sage
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning - divided
1/4 cup turkey broth - or chicken broth (or more if you like moist stuffing)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut bread into one inch cubes and allow to sit out and dry, preferably over night. Or you could toast them in a 300 degree oven for 20 minutes.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet.
3. Add onions, celery sage and 1 teaspoons of poultry seasoning.
4. Saute until vegetables are translucent and tender.
5. Add dried bread to a large mixing bowl. Add onion mixture to bread cubes and stir to combine.
6. Add broth, remaining poultry seasoning and salt and pepper; stir to combine.
7. Place stuffing in a greased 9x9 baking dish and baking for 30 minutes.
8. Stuffing can also be placed inside the turkey cavity and roasted with your turkey.